Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday's Dream Schemes/Join our Valentine Challenge this Month

This week I am featuring a guest designer. Julie Makela is my distributor from "down under" and has created two scrumptious cards for this month's Valentine's Day challenge. 


This first design starts out with her stenciling the lace frame background (LG727) with white pigment ink. To make them look like they were layered she stenciled the one at the top left first and then the next time she placed her stencil she was careful to only stencil the white ink right up to the edge of that first placed frame. This creates an illusion of depth. She then repeated this randomly as she moved the lace frame to other positions. Then she paste-embossed the heart whimsy stencil design (LL599) with the Glossy Red Embossing Paste (DGRP). While this paste was still wet she sprinkled bright red glitter onto the hearts.

The second card was equally effective by using the same  colorway of black, red, white, but added a finishing touch of Metallic Gold Embossing Paste (DGP) with the You and Me stencil (LS1004). This time the same heart whimsy stencil (LL599) was paste-embossed with a Matte Black Embossing Paste (DMBP) with the red glitter again sprinkled onto the hearts.


Take the time to visit Julie's blog when you get the chance. She is a wonderfully creative person and has shared many innovative tips and techniques with Dreamweaver over the years.


Be sure to visit the Dream Team blogs as well:



Also to learn more about our new way of doing our challenges click here and then feel free to post your creations via mr. linky below:

16 comments:

Caroline D. said...

Beautiful cards... love that lace frame! I re-read the new challenge rules and I hope it is still okay to enter something that is not Dreamweaver products (I know I have to get more of your 'stuff'!) Hopefully I win more! :o))

Cherylynn said...

What a novel way to use the lace frame stencil! Thanks Julie for inspiring me!!!

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

Love the Julie and these are AWESOME.

Pam Hornschu said...

I love her use of the Lace square for the background, and the pop of red on top.

Louise said...

Hey, I used this stencil today too! Very pretty Julie, you did a great job overlapping the lace.

Jessie Hurley said...

I NEED to get my hands on that Lace stencil, it beautiful, and your card is gorgeous!!

Jessie Hurley said...

I NEED to get my hands on that Lace stencil, it beautiful, and your card is gorgeous!!

Jessie Hurley said...

I NEED to get my hands on that Lace stencil, it beautiful, and your card is gorgeous!!

Jessie Hurley said...

I NEED to get my hands on that Lace stencil, it beautiful, and your card is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Julie always does excellent work and has ideas for us all! The cards are wonderful.

Wendy said...

These are both BEAUTIES Julie!!

Julie said...

Thank you for your kind words ladies, I appreciate them very much.

Julie said...

Thank you for your kind words ladies, I appreciate them very much.

Anne Temple said...

I've linked my Valentine project. This was so much fun to do and try. Thanks again Lynell.

Liz Martin said...

As always, thanks for the ideas, inspiration and great card eye candy.

Anonymous said...

Managed to make another card and make the deadline!

Post a Comment