Thursday, December 20, 2012

Frosty Fun ...Gift Card Holder!!!

It's less than a week before Christmas and all through the house...well, you know the routine. Sigh! Not enough hours in my day and I haven't gotten all my shopping finished, so I am relying on ye old gift card routine. Am at that point in my life where the kids (or in our case, the "kid") are on their own and capable of getting themselves what they want or need, no grandchildren yet, so for those special people... gift cards do the trick and make my life much easier.

Two years ago former design team member Kim Parkinson sent me this lovely card and I thought I would show you how to make a Frosty Fun gift card holder out of it. Recycle is my middle name these days. And thanks Kim, for letting me use your card. You have always been an inspiration! To create the sleigh (LJ904) she paste-embossed it using the Dreamweaver Regular Embossing Paste (DEP) which is matte textured. After it dried she stenciled it with silver and gold metallic inks. A slit was cut at the top edge of the sleigh and a be-ribboned gift card can be slipped into the card. Once it is removed you can read the "Season's Greetings" sentiment which was part of the same sleigh stencil so it was also paste-embossed and stenciled as well. The regular embossing paste was also loaded onto the bottom of the card for a wintery frosty effect. Easy peasy and oober simple projects are my mantra for the end of the year.

If you are here for the December challenge just click HERE to find out the details. You can also link to Mr. Linky there. If you don't have a blog or site to link up to, just email me at lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com ...your frosty fun creation and I will post it for you here on the Dreamweaver blog.

We also hope you will take the time to visit the design team's blogs today to see what they have accomplished for the frosty fun challenge:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Thank you for sharing Lynell! Merry Christmas!

Cherylynn said...

Wow, thanks to Kim and Lynell for sharing this really fun way to "wrap" a gift card. If I have time, I just might case this for my gift cards this year!

Caroline D. said...

What a nice way to present a gift card!! Great idea! Have a Merry and Joyous Christmas Lynell!

rose s. said...

what a great idea for a gift card. i really like how the textured snow turned out and i didn't realize at first that the sleigh was paste. beautifully done! :)

Post a Comment