Friday, December 28, 2012

Tiffany is Joining the Challenge: More Frosty Fun!

Tiffany S. is joining us with a tealight lantern and in her own words she describes the process:

"Here is my entry for the December DreamWeaver December stencil challenge. I made a tealight lantern with vellum paper. You will want to use an adhesive that does not show through the vellum paper. I used a tape that is specifically for vellum.  A white snowy patched vellum paper was used for the base of the lantern. I used a thick vellum on the back to give it more support. I then tore strips of blue vellum and layered them to create a snowy hills scene. I put the blue vellum on both white vellum pieces, so you can use both sides of the lantern if you want."

"To create the trees (LL570), I used silver (DSP) and translucent embossing paste (DEPT). I taped my stencil directly to a non-stick craft sheet and then spread the embossing paste over, making sure you have a thick coat of paste. I tapped the paste with the spreader to give the trees some texture. You can sprinkle glitter on the paste or leave it as is. I experimented with blue and white glitter to see what it looked like on both the silver and translucent paste. (If you use the translucent paste, make sure you use something with color to make it stand out. I found out that the translucent shows more light through, but you can see where it overlays other trees.) You will want to let the paste dry completely (overnight preferably) before carefully peeling off the non-stick craft sheet. This creates embellishments that you can then place any where you want. I arranged the trees so it gave an appearance of a forest with the blue hills. I adhered the trees with a bit of liquid glue."

"Using a vellum tape, I then adhered the two sides together, leaving the top and the bottom open. This creates the lantern. I used a battery-operated tealight to light the lantern up. To secure the tealight, I used two repositionable glue dots on either side of the light and gently adhered it inside the lantern. This way I can replace the tealight without tearing the paper."


Thank you for playing along this month for the challenge, Tiffany. Especially when it is such a busy time for one and all. Tiffany often joins our challenges by emailing me a picture of her creations to: lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com You too can join in the fun. This month you could win one of the new designs being released at CHA next month. Click HERE to find out the details and if you have your own blog link to our mr. linky.

3 comments:

Liz Martin said...

Tiffany, this is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the great instructions and for the non-stick craft mat tip. Thanks for playing along.

rose s. said...

beautiful - the light gives such a soft glow.

JD/ Jill said...

This is beautiful, and a perfect card for this challenge!

Post a Comment