Thursday, May 9, 2013

May's Tiny Treats: Kristi Has This One All Wrapped Up!


 For the month of May, the Dream Team is fixated on "Tiny Treats"...party favors, wedding favors, end of school year treats, teacher appreciation gifts, baby shower favors, co-worker treats, in other words...small tokens of appreciation for those you care about.

This beautiful necklace was made by Kristi Van Doren. Kristi is the head of the Art Institute Glitter design team and has made several pieces of jewelry as samples for me over the years using Dreamweaver Stencils and the embossing paste. This particular base is a clear slice of agate. The stencil design Kristi paste-embossed with silver embossing paste (DSP) is an ethnic mask (LL538). While the embossing paste was still wet Kristi held the piece at an angle and sprinkled different colors of glitter one at a time so they didn't mix into one another. Once dry she framed it with the metal wire and hung it on a chain. Jewelry is one gift that is always fun to give and this time of year there are loads of opportunities. Hopefully you will join the team and challenge and post your creations HERE. If you don't have a blog please feel free to email me a photo of your work and I will post it on my blog for you.

Hope you take a few minutes from your day and visit the team to view their "tiny treats" creations this week. We love to have your comments too!




5 comments:

Pam Hornschu said...

I've always loved this piece by Kristi. Such a cool look with the "Ooga booga man" as I like to call him.

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Oh my! This piece takes my breath away. I wanna try a jewelry piece now.

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

Thank you so much for featuring my piece today! What a great surprise for a random Thursday! I have shared this on the Art Glitter Facebook page too! Love me some Dreamweaver Stencils!

Louise said...

This piece is so cool! I wish I was better at making jewelry, mine do not turn out like this!

Caroline D. said...

Awesome! The stenciling on stone is way cool, but the wire wrap is amazing. Gorgeous piece!

Post a Comment