Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Zensdays: New Challenges

This week I am joining the new challenge of Diane and Carolien...they have put forth the challenge to use three tangles ...choosing patterns that start with the first three letters of the alphabet. I think I had a lot of fun just making a decision of what patterns to use. And of course since I am not very accomplished with the entire process I had to do quite a bit of practicing the ones I chose. The middle pattern called B'Twined was actually the most enjoyable to do and the arched pattern was the hardest. 

I stacked Archer on top of B'Twined and then at the bottom did Chard. It sort of reminded me of a church door. (I think it was those arches.) You can go to www.tanglepatterns.com to know how these tangles  are drawn and more about the people who created them. They were not hard at all and really well rendered with detailed instructions. Wayne was kind enough to walk me through the nuances of shading. 

The diva's challenge #213 this week is to use unique objects to create a string. If you have time, go to her site iamthedivaczt.com and see what she has done. She also suggested using a stencil for a string and since this month our dream it up challenge is showers of showers I thought this umbrella Wayne did was fun. I stenciled the umbrella (LG737) with blue ink and then he tangled it with crusade (his tangle...far right), cubine (one of my favorites...middle design) and the heart looking one is a variation he did of leaflet.(I think...on the left). He also traced it with the yellow florescent pen from the moonlight set (#38176) by Sakura (it's one I love to add some color with) if you are having a hard time finding it to purchase here is a source.

Would love to have you come back on Thursdays if you have time to see what the design team has done for the showers of showers challenge. And leave a comment or two to encourage them...they work so hard for so little.

15 comments:

Viki Banaszak said...

OMG!!! That is gorgeous! I think you did a splendid job of it. That looks incredible.

Anne's tangle blog said...

Wish I had that umbrella!!

Unknown said...

The first tile is really amazing! Wonderful shading and contrast. The umbrella looks very funny - here in germany I just don't need one today, but I would like to have it on the rainy days ;-)
Many greetings to you!

ionabunny said...

I found the first set of tangles quite mesmerising. The umbrella is really great as well. Hugz

Anonymous said...

What a great umbrella! Have you come across the UK artist Craig Martin. He makes interesting sculptures in coloured steel and one is an umbrella. They are actually flat but look 3D from the distance and are probably 3-4 metres tall and often on display at the New Art Centre at Roche Court near Salisbury.

jeanchaneyaz said...

Great stacker, but I just love that umbrella. I don't know why, but umbrellas are just one of the most (struggles to find a word here) interesting and quite beautiful items that have been invented, to me anyway. I love them featured in art work!

Unknown said...

I really like Archer on top of B'Twined! and that umbrella is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Both are wonderful! I particularly like the extra punch that the yellow outline gives to the umbrella.

Becky said...

Such beautiful tiles and your B'Twined makes me jealous it came out so perfectly! I'm going to give crusade a try, it looks like so much fun!

ArtyZen said...

Incredible B'Twined tangle! So fantastic. Love the umbrella too - and a great little section of Crusade to show us how great it can look. Axxx

LezliB said...

I am going to have to try B'Twined after seeing what you did with this. It reminds me of a church door too. The Archer fits perfectly with your B'Twined. Love the tangled umbrella too and the yellow outline sets it off beautifully

dianeclancy said...

I love your A-B-C entry - it does look like a church door. Very pretty! Thank you so very much for joining us for ABC!! This week is DEF and this coming week is GHI. I so hope you will join us as I look forward to what you create.

I totally love your umbrella for the Diva!! What a creative idea!! Mine got too convoluted!!

~ Diane Clancy
http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/04/my-diane-caroliens-a-b-c-challenge-entry
www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/04/my-diva-traced-object-string-challenge-entry

Annet said...

I like your tangles, the Arches turnes in B'Twined very nice.

NancyD said...

Thanks for stopping by Lynell. I love Dreamweaver stencils. I use them a lot! Love the tangles in your umbrella.

Indira said...

Imaginative! I am tempted to duck under it :)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive